Thursday, December 15, 2011

Siberian Husky Drawing

Just finished up work on a commissioned Charcoal Drawing of a husky.  Follow along as the image takes shape. 

husky drawing
Started off with a ruff sketch of the husky


After several ruff sketches I decide that this pose would show the personality of the husky. Working with charcoals I like to keep the drawing as large as posible, this makes adding details to the eyes and face a little easier for me. the End results will be more enjoyable for the customer as well.

I used willow charcoal to sketch out the out line of the Husky.

Using willow charcoal allows me to blend or even remove parts I feel need adjusting with out leaving a trace of the original marks.

I let the ruff sketch of this husky sit on the drawing board for several hours befor I decided that this was the one.
It seemed to capture that look of wonder that I was after. 

Follow along as I continue to work on this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment